The partners at the Coatbank Medical practice have a Zero Tolerance Policy. GPs and their staff have a right to care for others without the fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services a mutual respect between all staff and patients has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients' individual needs and circumstances. They would respectfully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time.
Aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Practice list and, in extreme cases, the police being contacted. We ask you treat your GPs and their staff courteously at all times. This behaviour will NOT be tolerated.
Examples of Unacceptable Standards of Behaviour
- Recurrent loud or intrusive conversation or shouting
- Threatening or abusive language involving swearing or offensive remarks
- Malicious allegations relating to members of staff, other patients or visitors
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within the practice
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice's premises, staff or patients
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently
- Abusing drugs or alcohol on practice premises
- Threats or threatening behaviour