Other Information

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

What to do in the event of the death of a family member

The Scottish Government has produced a helpful leaflet, which is available from the surgery, or via the weblink http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2003/08/17011/21438


GPs and their teams cannot issue vaccination exemption certificates.

Any patient approaching a General Practices for an exemption certificate should be directed to Gov.scot, NHSinform or the NHS helpline. This will provide information on the scheme, promotion of safe vaccination and routes to obtain an exemption.

The Government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus.

You can help too.

Germs can live on some surfaces for hours.

To protect yourself and others:

  • Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
  • Bin the tissue and, kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a hand sanitiser gel.

This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.

If you have any coronavirus symptoms book yourself a test and self isolate until you have your test result. If test positive self isolate for 10 days, others living within your household will also have to self isolate for 10 days. (Test and Protect will contact you by telephone)

Coronavirus help line: 0800 028 2816

Visit NHSInform.scot for more information

Local Services, Let
Bonnar & Co Kirkshaws Dental Practice